Just about me....

Started by NorthernMich, December 05, 2007, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernMich

The projects have taken a wayside turn, at least the outdoor part.  Turning my attention to the finishing of the upstairs garage loft....R-19 walls, ceiling is done...mostly  ::)

Still need to cut more firewood...the Ford 800 is still in need of hydraulic work so I can't hook up the buzz rig.

Have two deer hanging in garage frozen...in need of cutting up, have one deer put in freezer cut up and burgered , etc.

Christmas break-coming toward Don's neck of the woods...sort of.  Daughter is near Alamagordo.  Don is north of Sante Fe.  Maybe a trip north on the way back to Michigan. 

My last trip I headed southwest to avoid a storm and ended up on 60/70 heading in mountains to Carlsbad with the kids...arrived at Caverns 5 minutes after they closed  d*  Hit snow of 62/180 on the way to El Paso....told wife it wasn't far...then she saw the sign....total of 165 miles according to MapQuest...she saw 90 mile sign as snow pounded us in Guadalupes in our Caravan....then finally the lights of El Paso.

We stayed overnight and I went to Mexico for llama wool blankets...I was stationed at Fort Bliss in 1979.  The store and family was still in Juarez and the blankets were still $20 :)

Rambling thoughts...could ICF's be filled with JUST sand to make block walls for a root cellar or other structures?  Put in re-rod but don't pay for concrete...just an idea....comments??

Spring will put me back on the cabin construction...and finishing garage siding.  Pay off some bills and figure out plan to build the home.

Previous thread----> http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2750.0

NorthernMich

addendum....this was in bow season...I think he may still be alive  ??

glenn kangiser

ICF's are expensive and not very substantial until they get concrete in them.  I don't think it would be satisfactory and may be dangerous as they must be braced until poured.

...but if you want to do something with earth/sand, check out cob or rammed earth construction.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

Cute guys!

Give them a year or two to grow into those horns. :D
None of us are as smart as all of us.