Another Deer

Started by peternap, November 04, 2012, 09:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Another Deer yesterday. I thought this was a Doe but it turned out to be a button buck.

I'm not including the Kill shot but as usual, after getting hit with my .58, it jumped once and was dead before landing in the water.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

PEG688

Pretty hard to see them! How far away where you?
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

peternap

Quote from: PEG688 on November 04, 2012, 12:47:54 PM
Pretty hard to see them! How far away where you?

Not far, 200 yards where it crossed and about 125 where I shot it.

I shot it on that point that juts out in the water.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Huge29

.58?! Blackpowder?  I have never heard of it, you must make your own balls? 

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on November 04, 2012, 08:21:20 PM
.58?! Blackpowder?  I have never heard of it, you must make your own balls?

I do but you can buy them also. I have a .72 I built too but its a 50 yard gun. Somehow modern people think the world revolves around .50. It never did. The standard in the east was .40 and 50 was what the mountain men used because of Grizzlies. The fact is, .50 was a light weight compared to the Jager rifle that the Hawken was taken from. Europeans liked BIG calibers for the same reason I do. They flat work better and I don't mind the extra weight.

When I shoot something, two things happen.

1. I hit it
2. It falls down.