What is wrong with us

Started by peternap, July 25, 2008, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080725/D9256EH80.html

PORT CARBON, Pa. (AP) - Three white teens were charged Friday in what officials said was an epithet-filled fatal beating of an illegal Mexican immigrant in a small northeast Pennsylvania coal town. Brandon J. Piekarsky, 16, and Colin J. Walsh, 17, were charged as adults with homicide and ethnic intimidation in the July 12 attack on Luis Ramirez.

For the life of me, I don't understand this. I don't like illegal Mexicans and to be honest, there are a lot of dislikes I have about many races. But hatred is different than dislike.
Every man, woman and child on this earth, should be allowed to have his dignity. To take that away is a crime beyond any other in my opinion. What I like or dislike is my right as it is with others. It does NOT give any of us, the right to belittle, humiliate or harm someone.

This boy was killed because he dared to be in our country and I assume the girl was white and that egged it along.
Not too long ago, the KKK kept the blacks in terror. Even then, it was a fairly small group of vile people. It seems like it has spread to our kids now. What in the hell is going through their minds?

I just don't understand it!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

They get their teaching from older examples.  Babies have no clue about ethnicity, and my parents raised us so that at the time I was 19 working in a Dodge dealership, I did not get an ethnic joke because I had never heard someone referred to as a wop.

Not that I agree with my dad on many things --I unfortunately never did get over knowing more than he did. d* hmm
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

hate is just wrong... period

apaknad

peternap,
i agree with you completly and my opinions pretty much mirror yours and i too wonder what is happening to our youth.
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.