MBA Capstone project at ISU

Started by allrscot, October 09, 2013, 10:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allrscot

I am conducting a survey about the tiny home / small cabin market for my MBA capstone class at ISU.  If you have three minutes to answer a few questions I would appreciate it. 

If you have any questions please ask.

Here is the URL to the survey.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16Z0CBx3qJNuOk4FjYu09ZqRSAQgBiN1-tdCfZAPiRwI/viewform

Thanks for your help
Scott

rick91351

w* from Rick and Ellen -- way -- way down south near Boise.......
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Squirl

w*

The questionnaire is a little longer than I expected it to be.  As with any sample, the results maybe a little skewed.  You posted it in a forum of many owner builders.  I am very interested in tiny houses and small cabins, but I have no interest in purchasing a prebuilt one.

allrscot

Thanks for your help!

I apologize that it was a little longer than expected.  I do understand that much of the "Tiny Home" market is typically DIY, but again thanks for your help!

Scott

Native_NM

Is this for a marketing / business plan?

Don't forget the basic accounting axiom that fixed costs are variable to the extent you alter units of production.  There are huge implications from a business standpoint.

Ponder on that and if you want to discuss further shout out.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

hpinson

If you are thinking about doing this as a business, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of experience and expertise here that you can call on as you get off the ground. Quite a few members run small businesses.

This is something of a pragmatic group here and you may not get the results you are looking for.  For instance as a group we tend to build rather than buy, use solar because it is practical and not necessarily as a lifestyle choice. Not sure at all that this group is your market, but your results will bear that out, or not.

You might want to fix your age ranges as you have overlap, and gaps. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+   

Same with income ranges.