McCain & Obama

Started by desdawg, August 16, 2008, 09:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apaknad

unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

ScottA

Are you trying to say he's running for president in the wrong country? Man I'd say he really lost his bearings.  8)

Squirl

There were 57 primary contests.  50 states + puerto rico, dems abroad, guam, virgin islands, American Samoa, distric of columbia, and texas had 2.  Gaffe the likes of quayle, yes.  Some secret terrorist plot, no.  He said states instead of primaries.

muldoon

http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/30/%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-going-to-parse-every-answer%E2%80%9D/

"Speaking on morning television, the Arizonan urges the Treasury Department to address the economic crisis on its own by buying $1 trillion in mortgages and tapping its exchange stabilization fund. Also backs raising the FDIC insurance cap to $250,000.

On CNN: "I will do whatever is necessary... We haven't convinced people that this is a rescue effort not just for Wall Street but for Main Street America."

On MSNBC: "I think Americans have yet to fully understand this is not in the interests of Wall Street or Washington insiders.""

Constitution:
Article 1, Section 9:

"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law"

its not just a piece of paper..  this is a dealbreaker for me. 

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Paper is one thing NM got right. Gov Bill isn't such a bad guy I guess, (OMG... I said that?) although I still fault him on a number of things. Paper ballots sure cost a pretty penny though!  :o   Partly because there's so many ways to vote; absentee mail in, absentee in person, the real thing......
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

CREATIVE1

I don't think any recent election has stirred up so many raw emotions.  And I again find myself voting against one candidate, rather than for another.  Darn.

For some depressing truths, look at the following sites:

www.counterpunch.org
www.atimes.com
www.alternet.org
www.agora-inc.com   (subscribe to "The Daily Reckoning")

Sassy

Creative, that 1st link tells it like it really is...  our congress creatures who voted yes are so blatantly criminal or stupid it is beyond comprehension!   [noidea' [frus]  here's a couple paragraphs of what some congress people said:
The Last Hold-up
The criminal-minded and mortally wounded Lords of Capital believed, as Pam Martens has written, that they could "loot and collapse a 200-year old financial system and...be rewarded with a fresh $700 billion of public money to disperse among your cronies who aided and abetted in the collapse."

Or, as Mike Whitney puts it:

"...the $700 billion is just part of a massive 'pump and dump' scheme engineered with the tacit approval of the US Treasury and the Federal Reserve. Once the banksters have offloaded their fraudulent securities and crappy paper on Uncle Sam, they will do whatever they need to do to pad the bottom line and drive their stocks up. That means they will shovel capital into hard assets, foreign currencies, gold, interest rate swaps, carry trade swindles, and Swiss bank accounts. The notion that they will recapitalize so they can provide loans to US consumers and businesses in a slumping economy is a pipedream."

Keep calling, faxing & emailing - there was only an 11 person spread between the yeas & nays...   >:(
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: Redoverfarm on September 27, 2008, 05:25:40 PMHas anyone heard this?

Rumor has it that on or about October 5th, Biden will excuse himself from the ticket, citing health problems, and he will be replaced by Hillary.  This is timed to occur after the VP debate on 10/2

If you have inside information of this, $5 will get you $100 over on www.intrade.com.