I fixed the truck ...I hope

Started by peternap, April 28, 2009, 09:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I have been fiddling with the cutting off, problem with my truck for weeks.

Yesterday, I changed the fuel filter again. It got worse and didn't want to start at all. I bled the fuel system through the fuel filter bleeder valve and it started....then cut off. I started to bleed it again and got a vacume when I opened it. Out of desperation, I bled it again, and tightened the valve with a pair of pliers. I torqued to the point I thought the plastic threads would strip.

It started up, and ran....and ran.........and ran.

I let it cool off (That's when the original problem showed up) and it started and ran...and ran.....and ran.

I have my fingers crossed.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Spoke too soon. During the bleeding, I spilled diesel on my starter. It;s dead and it is the worst one I;ve ever tried to replace. There are four bolts. It took two minutes for the first two, 4 hours for the next one, an hour and a half for the last one and I still can't get to the hot wire to get it loose. :-\ :-\ >:( >:( ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

OH.....that damn starter is $250.00 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sassy

Sounds like you've been having fun, Peter  heh  Also sounds like a usual day for Glenn...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

diyfrank

What truck do you have, I forget.  ???
All that dying and trying to start must of toasted it.

I feel for ya, Diesel starters are $$
Home is where you make it

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

It's a 95 2500 Silverado with a 6.5 turbo, Frank. I don't have much trouble with it but when I do, It's always a PITA.

Don, It all started last week when I bought the trailer. No problems with it until Sunday but Friday was the beginning of the season, tractor workover. I check every bolt (Literally and It's necessary with China diesels) I hit every grease fitting to start. I broke three of them (No biggie with China steel and I have a box of spares) the problem is every one got stuck in my grease gun ends and I couldn't get them out. I used all my spare ends.

Then Larry came over to pick up some paperwork I made up for him and we decided to mount a tow hitch I got with the tractor, but had never had the bolts for.

We rode into town (Ten miles) and got the bolts but they didn't have any short enough. We had to saw g6- grade 8 bolts off)

Then a flange on the mount interfered with the PTO so we had to cut/grind it off (1/2" thick). Got it mounted and continued with my bolt checking. I found a couple of loose bolys holding the front axle to the differential. It had leaked grease so I jacked the tractor up, tightened them and back to town for 5 gallons of 80w-90 gear oil.

I found a small radiator bypass hose that was leaking a little so back to NAPA 20 miles for a replacement. That's always fun because it;s always the same. "never mind what it goes on, just match the damn thing".

Back to put that on.

I started at 5:30 am on Friday and finished at 9:00 pm that evening.

Saturday morning 5:00 am
Picture taking.

After that I planted my corn and turnip fields.

Then hole digging at the Barn/house but I keep breaking shear pins and ran out. Started using grade 2 bolts and was replacing one every 3rd hole. I finished my last hole with my last bolt just after dark.

Sunday morning, more pictures, then I worked on other equipment.

Stopped by Larry's and he spotted the cracked hub on the trailer.

Monday, ordered the hunb and started working on the truck. You know the story on that.

Today, Truck and picked up the hub. Got it home and it has the wrong size rear bearing. >:( >:( >:(

I expect more of the same tomorrow. Sometimes God just decides I need some humility and he is very good at seeing I get it. :(