H.R. 1505

Started by dug, June 24, 2012, 09:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dug

Been trying to avoid "news" as much as possible lately but a friend dropped this one on me recently. Here is a map showing the area covered by this proposal-

And here is a summary of the proposed bill-

Quote4/13/2011–Introduced.
Prohibits the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture (USDA) from taking action on public lands which impede the border security activities of the Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) (Secretary). States that the Secretary shall have immediate access to any public land managed by the federal government in order to conduct activities that assist in securing the border (including access to maintain and construct roads, construct a fence, use patrol vehicles, and set up monitoring equipment). States that a specified waiver by the Secretary of certain laws regarding sections of the international border between the United States and Mexico and between the United States and Canada shall apply to all sections of the international land and maritime borders of the United States within 100 miles of such borders with respect to the Secretary's activities under this Act.

http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2011/09/30/republican-sponsored-h-r-1505-would-give-dhs-police-state-powers-over-80-of-the-u-s/

Has anyone heard much about this bill? What are the chances of it of becoming law? I have seen a lot of crazy BS in my life so it doesn't surprise me that something like this is being suggested but I hope we are not yet to the point where it would be tolerated,  are we???

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Windpower

*engage srcasm*

Just so long as they keep us safe

*dis-engage sarcasm*

So are they trying to keep people out or keep people from getting out ?

another sign of the times

"Feds Jail New Mexico Family, Seize Everything They Own for Being Honest Legal Firearms Dealers"

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/feds-jail-new-mexico-family-seize-everything-they-own-for-being-honest-legal-firearms-dealers/16704/
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

dug

Quote*dis-engage sarcasm*

So are they trying to keep people out or keep people from getting out ?

I was wondering about the same thing.

Windpower

The IRS already can cancel your passport if the say you owe taxes....
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

MountainDon

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr1505#

still in committee.   Only 29% of bills that have favorable recommendations in committee actually become law. (stats from 2009-2010 congress). The committees assigned to this bill sent it to the House or Senate as a whole for consideration on October 5, 2011.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Squirl

dug

Quotestill in committee.   Only 29% of bills that have favorable recommendations in committee actually become law. (stats from 2009-2010 congress). The committees assigned to this bill sent it to the House or Senate as a whole for consideration on October 5, 2011.

Still don't like those odds, I'd feel a lot better if they were around 0%.

MountainDon

How many readers of checked to see if their congressperson was a sponsor? How many emails / letters been sent now that it has been brought to out attention? (I know... some say what's the use in writing, but I keep on being a small thorn. It's very easy once you look up the people and record the contact info.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Tickhill

Good point MD. I have just contacted my congressman, (not a co-sponsor yet) and asked him to explain to me his understanding of this bill and why so many Republicans are in support of this bill (50 co-sponsors at this point). Tickhill
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time