Building "Green"

Started by John_M, February 25, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

lots of Hershey's chocolate syrup and Aunt Jemima pancake syrup.   :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

prometheus

Yup, that's my place.  Thanks for all the complements.  I'm not sure it really classifies as a small home, though it started that way on paper.  I meant to build it in 4 stages, but because of a windfall I was able to do all the 'crete in one go, and since I logged all the logs from right there just pushed ahead.

By-the-by the walls have between 3 and 3.5" of rigid insulation. One of the few things along with the roof decking "stud" 2X6s that I didn't scrounge.

Ernest T. Bass

Beautiful home! Those straight logs look like they'd be a joy to work with (as far as log poles go!).

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

MountainDon

Very nice prometheus. Nice place to call home.  :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

prometheus

Quote from: Ernest T. Bass on May 21, 2009, 11:05:43 PM
Beautiful home! Those straight logs look like they'd be a joy to work with (as far as log poles go!).

I love Lodgepole pines, our last place had Ponderosas which I had to mill most of the time.

I had several that a used that were 45' with the taper running from 8-10"

Okie_Bob

Seems to me this post has gotten lost somewhere along the line. I believe we can all get along on this issue
if we just do what we can to conserve as much as everything as possible. The main thing is I don't want Uncle Sugar passing more laws that make me do what I don't believe is needed. Let me make my mistakes out of my own ignorance the best I can!
And I don't believe that man is responsible for 'global warming'. I'm not even sure we are in a global warming period. Go back to 1079 Time magizine cover which states we are in a global cooling period, without question! But, wheather we are or not, wheather it is man made or not, I believe everyone should conserve all they can of everything. Why not? In most cases it's easier and cheaper. Just don't legilate it.
Okie Bob

John Raabe

Nice project Prometheus!  w*
None of us are as smart as all of us.