Yep, it's all based on voluntary compliance..........

Started by harry51, February 03, 2010, 11:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harry51

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Submit quotes including 11% Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) and shipping to Washington DC.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=8d3b076bd4de14bbda5aba699e80621d&tab=core&_cview=1&cck=1&au=&ck
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Squirl

CID is usually used for Mafia's and Drug Dealers.
Think Cappone.
  An acquaintance I knew was trying to get appointed to CID chief.  His platform was to increase the caliber of their handguns.

OlJarhead

Personally I think the 14 inch barrel is idiotic but maybe it's just me.  Shooting #4 buck out of a 12 gauge with 18" barrel is painful.

Of course, let's not even get into the 2nd Amendment issue of the Government having and using a shotgun that is not allowed to be used by the citizenry -- the old argument that it isn't used by the military is stupid since they then like to argue that 'it' is used by the military for other weapons they don't want you to have -- which is it.

Read "Unintended Consequences"  great book -- scary but very good read -- and factual except the storyline and ending of course.

ScottA

Seems like every government agency has it's own little army now.

rwanders

Maybe they decided that pesky 2nd Amendment sounded pretty good after all and chose to join us "citizens".

;)
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

OlJarhead

Quote from: rwanders on February 03, 2010, 06:05:41 PM
Maybe they decided that pesky 2nd Amendment sounded pretty good after all and chose to join us "citizens".

;)

Ha!  :o