Is There A Different Time in Which You Would Have Liked to Live??

Started by MountainDon, December 26, 2008, 09:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

"The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called present."  -master Uguay, Kung Fu Panda.

I would love to experience any era.  Have changed the time many times in my life, as others here have.  All would definitely have there difficult parts.  The grass is only greener on the other side, cause we keep pissing on this side.  Can I say pissing on here?
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

StinkerBell

Quote from: Jens on December 28, 2008, 08:19:02 PM
"The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called present."  -master Uguay, Kung Fu Panda.

I would love to experience any era.  Have changed the time many times in my life, as others here have.  All would definitely have there difficult parts.  The grass is only greener on the other side, cause we keep pissing on this side.  Can I say pissing on here?

Just saw Kung Fu Panda the other night for the first time. Great quote!

Ernest T. Bass

I'm perfectly happy in the time period I'm in, but it sure would be fun to visit the past.. Too bad time travel will always be science fiction.

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

Jens

Quote from: Ernest T. Bass on December 28, 2008, 11:54:35 PM
I'm perfectly happy in the time period I'm in, but it sure would be fun to visit the past.. Too bad time travel will always be science fiction.

There was this thing that they talked about in the twenties, where people in one house, could share information with people in another house anywhere in the world!  It would travel over the telephone lines, and would work somewhat like a typewriter.  What a bunch of loons! ;D

Sorry, just had to.  Maybe after we are dead, we will get to check out other time periods, maybe that is something for the afterlife.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I always thought I would have liked to see the US pre-colonial times....  It is a beautiful country, but can you imagine it without fence row to fence row and without rooftop to rooftop?  I love it when I'm out exploring somewhere and come across places that look like they've never been touched by human hands.  God's fingerprints seem fresher there or something.  When I was a kid, my grandparents had a creek that ran across the far back pasture, and every August, I liked to go down in there and see it just lit up with cardinal flowers and goldenrod and little wild asters and Indian grass.  On more than 110 acres, that place was pretty wild and isolated, and I just loved it, going there alone and wading in the creek. 

As far as location, I have had chances to live other places.  I've lived in Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Arizona, Korea, Tennessee, North Carolina, and I've visited all but the far NE states and also have been to a few other countries, but I'd pick Oklahoma over any of them.  Right at the moment, you couldn't make me go back to Wisconsin for any amount of money, but perhaps that will fade with time, because it is not a bad place.  Mostly it's because I'm mad at the moment.  The same goes for Illinois and Florida.  Not that they're bad places so much as I've had some bad experiences there.  I know that a lot of folks would wonder why Oklahoma, and I don't think that I can rationally justify it so much, but I can just say I love this place (for the record, I wasn't born here, either.)  Always thought I'd like to see Australia, and really want to visit friends in Malaysia and Indonesia someday, too.

Ernest T. Bass

Quote from: Jens on December 29, 2008, 12:18:30 PM

There was this thing that they talked about in the twenties, where people in one house, could share information with people in another house anywhere in the world!  It would travel over the telephone lines, and would work somewhat like a typewriter.  What a bunch of loons! ;D

I've always reasoned that if time travel was ever to be possible, we'd have had people from the future visit us by now.  :-\

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

John_C

QuoteI've always reasoned that if time travel was ever to be possible, we'd have had people from the future visit us by now. 

They have very efficient cloaking technology.

wildbil

Quote from: Ernest T. Bass on December 29, 2008, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: Jens on December 29, 2008, 12:18:30 PM

I've always reasoned that if time travel was ever to be possible, we'd have had people from the future visit us by now.  :-\

unless there are different demensions of the same time. every choice could be a different layer, so the demensions are endless. Time travel would merely enter back into one of those several layers, It may not even be our own.

People could have already traveled back in time to change the past. we would never know.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson