Great Fathers Day Present

Started by Redoverfarm, June 17, 2013, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Took a couple of days off to attend the Highland County Fiddlers Convention in Monterey Virginia.  My son competed in the individual banjo competition.  Took 1st place.  What an honor.  His hard work is paying off. 

This is a video of that performance.  The quality could have been better but I think it will work.  Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADAIaqTISw

Don_P

Wow!  [cool] Good job!

We'll make you a pallet on the floor if he wants to enter at Galax   :)

rick91351

Way Way Cool......  From the Idaho Fan Club and Cheering Section!

???  Fiddle Festival  ???  Did I miss something there??   :D
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Pine Cone

Great playing by Steven!  Lots of drive and very cleanly played.  I'll have to learn that one. 

I'm on a road trip right now, sitting in a hotel room and wishing I had brought a banjo with me...

Windpower

thanks Red and congratulations to your son
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: rick91351 on June 17, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
Way Way Cool......  From the Idaho Fan Club and Cheering Section!

???  Fiddle Festival  ???  Did I miss something there??   :D

Rick don't ask me why but most festival competition in the Old Time catagory is catgorized as a Fiddle Conventions which include band, fiddle, guitar and banjo contest.   ???   Generally just try to hit the "old time" but there are others in the "bluegrass catagory". 

MountainDon

Way cool Steven!! 

Proud Poppa & Momma!!
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.