No Building Experience

Started by onegreynight, January 30, 2007, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

On our barter thing here for the concrete work - I paid the younger kids money - they always need that -  my buddy got me a TD15 dozer a while back in trade for an old dump truck to another friend.  I gave him my old 92 Dodge Pickup with a Cummins diesel - ran but needed body work and care - he helped for free on the concrete and will trade out other work and goodies until we are around even.  He does mechanic work sometimes for me also.  

I had a road repair job - he brought his dump bed truck and helped haul then we agreed an a split of the charges for the job.  We have been wheeling and dealing since '76.  He used to deliver farm buildings to me when I was building about 1 to 5 per week.  The building company bought an extra truck to deliver to me and cut him out of the business so he suggested that I buy a truck and cut them out of the business - later he drove my truck.  Many deals under the bridge since then.

glenn-k

Thinking about this a little more, Kelly, when I first saw your pig calling, I was thinking -- wow - these Arkansas girls are a little bit different.  They get excited and happy about something and the first thing they do is let out a pig call.  Sharing the excitement maybe. :-?

I know when my wife learns something new she calls me to see what she  has found or learned.  Not that much different, I guess.  (but, she doesn't yell WOOO PIG SOOIE!) :)

onegreynight

Thanks, Glenn.  Yes, us Arkansas girls have been known to get a little overly excited.  We do like to call those hogs.  

LOL.

Sorry I have been away so long.  I was sick at the first of last week, and then work got so busy that I didn't have time to log in.

I hope all is well with you.

Talk to you soon.
WOOOO PIG SOOOIE
KELLY KELLY KELLY KELLY
;)

glenn-k

What a relief, KELLY KELLY KELLY KELLY.

Thought I lost my favorite pig caller there for a minute. :'(

I've been having to work a lot lately too, so am a bit scarce in the daytime.  You know us contractors - gotta get moneyed up a bit so we can take it easy a bit later.

Stay well now - Ya hear? :-?