Hello from Titletown WI!

Started by willie1280, February 25, 2013, 10:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie1280

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to stop in and say hey before i start flooding the boards with questions  :P

Last fall i purchased 3 acres about an hour north of Green Bay WI and i've already got the itch to build!
My long term (2-4 years) goal is to build a cabin, but this year i would like to just get the shell done and use it as a garage and then slowly convert it over as time and funds allow.
I've begun roughing out a 16'x26' gambrel roofed shed/cabin.  My goal is to do as much if not all of it 100% myself with the assistance of you guys.  I am a model maker/designer by school/trade so i plan laying every detail out in CAD.

So anyway, just wanted to say hey and i'll be back sooner than later with the first of many post to my project.

Matt

rick91351

Welcome from Rick and Ellen!!  w*

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

willie1280

Thanks Rick & Ellen!

Well, i broke down and order 3 books yesterday that'll hopefully answer alot of my questions.  I ordered:
-The Visual Handbook of Building and Remodeling
-Graphic Guide to Frame Construction
-Ultimate Guide to House Framing

I did find this site http://ejackson.net/FarmPlans/NorthDakota/constructionplans.htm that has some old drawings for the 16' Gambrel roof i'm planning on. I'm thinking i can use the same dimensions that show, but use 2x6 instead of the 2x4's they show....right?

mgramann

Welcome from a fellow Sconnie!  Where abouts north of Green Bay?  I'm near Lakewood, WI.

Redoverfarm

w*  Willie.  Look forward to your progress.

willie1280

MGRAMANN--I live in Sobieski which is just east of Pulaski and my land is in Mountain...so we're almost neighbors!!