I need some input and advise please!!

Started by Dilly, May 05, 2008, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilly

Hi John that is exactly the look I have in mind. I am interested in the mudroom,front porch closed in for 1/2 of the veranda. Great Idea * It just gave me a throught to incorporate that into the living area in the house that would exact me the right amount of room to have a spacious enough area for the great room to encompass the livingroom chesterfields ,diningroom and kitchen.  If I were to incorporate that space it really would give me a superb greatroom.  Half a porch is enough for 2 Adirondack chairs.  The back deck would have the charcoal webers and the patio set. Your pictures just gave an idea and I can see how it could be totally effective for me. Now after dinner tonight I will get out the grafting paper and play. 
You guys have all been GREAT!! The beauty is evryone is on side with what everyone else is doing..
The 1 1/2 story with half of the porch incorporated into the living area it is so simple I didn't see it.  I guess I was too busy when I was in school dodging the strap that sometimes my creative juices don't kick in.  I have always said I am not an idea guy but run well with other people's ideas and develop them into my thoughts I don't see things but when someone else shows me how they did something I can see how it could effect my project.
Nice,
Thanks , maybe I was conceived in the "Show Me" state.

Dilly

glenn kangiser

I don't think the 2 story would cost much more than the 1 1/2.  Jimmy took the stock plan and extended it.  You can easily make it whatever length suits you.  I don't know anything about the siding.

Square footage could be near the same with either although some may be more of a storage space rather than living space.  A bit higher walls on the upstairs of the 1.5 gives you more easily usable area.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Dilly

Thanks Glenn,
The two story universal gives great livability on the top 2 floors and that is really interesting. You have been a great source so far along with all of the other members input.
Either choice is okay by me.  I have my preference but either would look great. Jim did a great job and I am toying with both scenarios right now.
I have to move quickly and be prepared to go as soon as I get offers on my house which shouldn't be too long. The extra length alternative in either models adds opportunities with what I want to do. John with adding different options gives me some great ideas for interior finishing with exposed beams and plank floors on the second  story.  Well tonight I will play with different plug and play ideas.

Take care
Dilly