how do I post photos of my building progress

Started by benevolance, August 09, 2006, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benevolance

Please explain it like I am three guys...I am not tech friendly

but I have some digital pics and I want to post them somehow

John Raabe

At the top box of each forum page (in the NEWS section) there is a bullet item called "Click HERE for a quick introduction to using the forum" Read that and spend 5-8 minutes getting setup with Photo Bucket or one of the other free services and you will be up and running.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

n74tg

Here's a tip if you use photobucket to host your pics.

As they only give you 100 meg's worth of free storage you can save a lot more pics there if they are 400x300 in size rather than the 640x480 which is usually the lowest resolution on your digital camera.

There are many free programs that can be used to resize them down to 400x300.  I particularly like Irfanview.  It's free and pretty easy to use.  In fact it is my default pic viewer for my computer.  Find it via a google search.

My house building blog:

http://n74tg.blogspot.com/

benevolance

Okay I am lost trying to navigate through photobucket

I have an idea....

In the past when people want to buy a classic car of mine of some parts I have taken pictures with the digital camera....Plugged it directly into my comp and then a window opens up and I click on it and the pictures in the camera appear on the screen...I click save and name them

Because if it is not that simple I cannot do it... :(

Then I have a yahoo email address...I click on Yahoo Photos...Create a album and add the photos I just entered into my comp...And presto a photo album...I have about 15 of them for automobiles...

Could I try to make some building photo albums and provide a link for them?

Would that work here....Can you link photos or is that Faux Pas?

glenn kangiser

Hey Peter -- you can do that -- just make your Yahoo album public - in preferences on Yahoo if I remember right, and if you have your photos on your computer you can post direct to this forum with the little attachment box below when you compose your message.  As you said - you can browse your computer for photos and attach one with each message.  

Note maximum attachment size of 250 KB  - you may have to reduce the size to get there.  Photobucket works similar - it looks on your computer for the pictures you pick then you copy the bottom IMG tag complete and paste it into the message as you compose it -- the photo will load here from photobucket.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

While photobucket is great with its albums, posting pics couldn't be easier than with Image shack - http://www.imageshack.us/. You don't have to register - host an image in 3 easy steps.

- I used SnagIt to grab the image and make the overlay notes. Saved the jpg to my desktop and then used Image Shack to host it. (It is slower than Photobucket.)
None of us are as smart as all of us.