The Middle East includes Syria

Started by Carla_M, February 08, 2012, 10:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carla_M

I don't think anyone could disagree with the statement that parts of the world are in a real mess. There's the Iran controversy boiling merrily away in another topic here. That topic seems to have been directed off to past deeds and away from the real question: What is the solution? Or, is there a solution? Or, should Israel be encouraged to do whatever she feels necessary for the citizens of Israel to feel safe? The past does influence the present, but past deeds should not necessarily be prime influence for present decisions.

There is lots of other crap going on in the world, and a lot of it in the Middle East. One that fascinates me is Syria. It would seem that much of the population of Syria wants out from underneath the rule of a one party system. Should they be encouraged to follow the recent changes in other countries in the Middle East?

I wish the so called rebels well myself.

There's also a whole lot of hurt in Africa, but for the most part the entire western world, plus the eastern and asian world does not give a damn about anything that goes on there. That changes for a week or a few days whenever a western is held for ransom by pirates someplace. Some of us get excited about that for a while but in general that news fades way to the background to be overshadowed by our omnipresent political and election BS.

I know that technically Syria is a parliamentary republic, but it fails close inspection. Both Bashar and his late father were approved in votes where there were no other candidates. Wow!    ::)
The personal dietary habits of people kill more frequently than firearms. Eat healthy and carry a gun.

glenn kangiser

As opposed to here where we pretend we have a meaningful vote and that the choices we are allowed do not have their strings pulled by the real ruling party above them anyway?  Obama was supposed to be change from Bush but actually is the same and is Bush on Steroids or whatever his drug of choice was... [ouch]

I haven't studied up on Syria enough yet to make an intelligent reply and some will say what's changed?   I never do anyway.  :)

I'll study up a bit and see if I can learn something. 

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Most of the time you will find that Soros or US or CIA is meddling in the background on most of the events over there and in Africa generally supporting our interests in one form or another whether it be empire building or just setting them up so we or our corporations can profit from robbing them of their resources.

Note that I didn't really care before I started following what we were really doing after Bush and Co's actions with 9/11.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Carla_M

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 08, 2012, 10:55:20 PM
  Obama was supposed to be change ...........

Just an election slogan that means nothing, just like all the other selection and political slogans.

I think it was "change we can believe in"   and "Yes, we can"   and I think there was "hope and change"

All BS  Nothing really changed. We're being driven the wrong way down the wrong road.
The personal dietary habits of people kill more frequently than firearms. Eat healthy and carry a gun.

glenn kangiser

That is because our leaders are only puppets following wherever their strings are pulled by their puppetmasters.   I look for division of the vote by a bunch of idiot offerings and another 4 years of rule by a Kenyan national.  Obama is doing exactly what his leaders want.

Instead of change and war reduction we only got intensification of what was continued by and from Bush.  Our outrages in Pakistan were foretold before Obama was allowed to reside in the Whitehouse.  As I recall all of the middle east was on a destabilization list I read somewhere several years ago and Obama is carrying out orders without regard for the Constitutionality of declared wars.  Again we get to doing as Israel desires for them on a lot of this.

...and they're buying a stairway to heaven......

glenn kangiser

Wikileaks cable 2006 exhibiting the plan proposed by the US embassy in Damascus to destablise the regime

http://iraqwar.mirror-world.ru/article/265270

Long time in planning but executed per plan.