Opening sequence

Started by peternap, October 17, 2010, 12:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I decided to upload the opening sequence of Finding Balance. It's far from finished state and I sent it up in very low definition. It does set the timeline and I can finish adding credits etc. It also gives a fair idea of how it will open.
The first shots of motorcycles are just there to hold the 1080P space and won't show in the finished product.

Critique is welcomed.

http://vimeo.com/15924668
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

Pretty cool. I'd shorten it to about 3-4 min. but otherwise nice work.

peternap

The opening is just under 3 minutes Scott. This has some residual scenes from the second clip. Overall, the video is about an hour.
The opening will shorten more as credits are added. With each credit, frames are eliminated so for each additional second of credit, I will lose about 3 seconds of length.

I do that to hold the video size. If I didn't, the editor wouldn't know what size to expand the smaller footage and it would render smaller than 1080. Kinda hard to tell on this since I sent it up up in low definition rather than HD.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!