IBC codes needed?

Started by fishing_guy, August 13, 2007, 01:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishing_guy

My wife and I recently traveled to the caribbean for a friend's daughter's wedding (and to celebrate our 25th anniversery.  I snapped a couple of photos which go under the heading: How are they still standing?

Feel free to add to the list.

The photo is from El Morro in Puerto Rico.  The piece of the fort in question hangs out over the Atlantic Ocean, so is quite battered by the elements.  I love the winch straps holding it together.  Wouldn't want to be working on it though!

We had lunch in this shed on the island of Dominiqa.  If I got the story straight, they were still rebuilding from a 1979 hurricane.  Note that the walls don't extend down to the block, and the whole roof structure is held up by 6- 2 x 4's.  No overengineering here.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

glenn kangiser

I like the rebar there for future expansion.  This is also typical all over Mexico.  Always planning ahead. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.