Water Heaters

Started by coleman, October 29, 2007, 06:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Thanks for that link. I had to search a bit but that model is one that draws combustion air from the exterior as well. I want that as I'm planning a small cabin and need the heater inside because of cold weather conditions. It's also programmable (at extra cost; needs a chip) for altitudes up to 9840 ft elevation (3 steps total).

Now if it didn't need 120 VAC it would be near perfect.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

Make sure you take a hard look at the warranty information for the tankless water heaters.  I have been told by a buddy who is a plumber here in NM that Rennai will not warranty tankless heaters in my area, as our water is too alkaline and it will cause premature failure in the heat exchanger.  I have not verified this information.

BTW.. I saw the notes on the PEX tubing and thought i would hijack this thread.  I used them for my addition and loved the ease of installation.  I got my materials and tools from houseneeds.com

Don... when you get around to it, if you use the crimp PEX fittings... let me know.  I have the 1/2" and 3/4" crimp tools and gauges that you can borrow.  I may want to buy some of your left over pex for my cabin as well.

Regards,

Frank

ED: linked URL - MD
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Thanks for the offer Frank, I'll keep that in mind when I get close to the plumbing stage. I have been thinking PEX.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Setting the tankless heater to the lowest heat you need makes it last a lot longer - no scale - so don't set it overly hot and mix with cold as you would for a tank type -- you'll never run out.  Make your tea in the microwave so you are not tempted to overheat your water heater.  :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.