Opinions, please - is this guy right? America: The Grim Truth

Started by glenn kangiser, January 01, 2011, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoustonDave

I tend to agree with POX that there is no "vast conspiracy" to mold the world into some specific manner.  That doesn't mean there isn't corruption and self interest, it just means that there's no overarching conspiracy about it.  What you have is a large and diverse group of self-interested power-brokers who collectively are interested in securing as much wealth, power, and security for themselves as they can.  The fact that this results in ever more burden on the common man is beneath their notice.  They don't think about us, because they don't have to.  In many cases, they don't even understand the impact their decisions have on us.

My lakefront cabin project in East Texas
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10025.0

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Don_P

peternap

While I generally agree with what Dave said, Don...we have to define "Conspiracy".

I don't believe in a nation wide conspiracy either, but I do believe there is a trend toward secrecy in government, pushing the limits of the Constitution in the name of security and replacing the letter of the law with policy. In general, the same as Conspiracy, just cleaned up a little.

You said you believed in it yourself, and condoned it.

Without going back and getting the exact quote, you said if you were on a jury, you'd convict someone for legally wearing a gun in a National Park, of brandishing a firearm.

So despite what the law was...you'd abuse your position as a juror because you didn't like the law, and would make a law abiding citizen a criminal for what you perceive as justice.
I don't know if you were born in Virginia or not but the word Lynching originated here by someone that felt the same way. A gentleman named Charles Lynch.

In several incidents in 1780, Lynch and several other militia officers and justices of the peace rounded up suspects who were thought to be a part of a Loyalist uprising in southwestern Virginia. The suspects were given a summary trial at an informal court; sentences handed down included whipping, property seizure, coerced pledges of allegiance, and conscription into the military. Lynch's extralegal actions were retroactively legitimized by the Virginia General Assembly in 1782.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Don_P

You think I'm part of the conspiracy... thank you, that pretty much fits  :D

peternap

Quote from: Don_P on January 05, 2011, 06:21:59 PM
You think I'm part of the conspiracy... thank you, that pretty much fits  :D

I'm just repeating what you said. Don't stick your foot in your mouth if you don't like the taste of shoe leather. :D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Don_P

Some folks were put here to outline where the ditches on each side of the road are. Your imbalance provides balance too ;)

peternap

Quote from: Don_P on January 05, 2011, 07:29:53 PM
Some folks were put here to outline where the ditches on each side of the road are. Your imbalance provides balance too ;)

Yep...and some people are here to complain about where the roads have been long before they got here.  ::)

glenn kangiser

I like the old road.  The tolls on the new one are killing America...... [waiting]

...and there is a cop behind every sign just waiting for someone to step out of line or even get close enough so he can say someone stepped out of line....
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.