Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
« Last post by Medeek on December 11, 2021, 08:12:58 PM »
Version 2.5.8 - 12.11.2021
- Added awning, fixed-awning and awning-fixed windows to the window module.
- Enabled opening and closing for all awning type windows.

The size ratio of the fixed to awning windows are 3:1. I currently don't have a way to customize this size ratio but I will be giving it some additional thought.
« Last post by Medeek on December 10, 2021, 10:14:17 PM »
Version 2.5.7b - 12.10.2021
- Enabled opening and closing of casement windows.

« Last post by Medeek on December 10, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
Version 2.5.7 - 12.10.2021

- Enabled opening and closing of single hung and slider windows.

From a design and rendering standpoint I'm not really sure how useful this feature is but it stands to reason that if you can open the doors and garage doors you should also be able to open the windows.

I have not enabled this feature yet for casement style windows.

This feature was added per customer request.
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: 20x30 in NE Wisconsin
« Last post by Nate R on December 10, 2021, 05:57:32 AM »
Continuing on that 11 day marathon, after the BIG window was in, I moved onto the chimney.

Previously had quite a time figuring out how to get the double wall stove pipe to adapt to my particular wood stove. (Jotul F100.)  With some help from the hearth.com forums, got a solution eventually that worked. 

Painted the exterior chimney parts black using special paint for stainless, and then special paint for galvanized. We’ll see how it holds up.

Chimney is TALL….but has to be to get above the ridge enough for the 2-3-10 rule. So support legs were added to the top section.  I used Selkirk DSP for the stovepipe, and SuperVent for the chimney.

Also added the long leg kit on our Jotul F100….so the stove is a little over 2 inches higher.  So the chimney was in, but stovepipe wasn’t set up yet. I wanted to get the hearth tile done first.

General Forum / Re: diesel appliances?
« Last post by JRR on December 09, 2021, 09:46:52 AM »
One variation is to consider a pickup truck with a built in generator for ac.  Ford has a diesel hybrid version I believe.  That would give a 2+ KW source that could quietly sit outside, ready to drive away with you.  It wouldn't supply enough heat alone, but would power a fuel oil heater.  Some food for thought.
« Last post by MountainDon on December 08, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
I looked into diesel space heaters (webasto and autoterm as well as the chinese copies. the chinese copies sometimes give a lot of grief), , but decided propane was better for me when wood would not do.
« Last post by Redoverfarm on December 08, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »
I had considered in a generator but thinking of having to carry diesel fuel I found it easier to go propane.  Being off grid with several other appliances that I run on propane it was just easier.
General Forum / diesel appliances?
« Last post by jharleyhammond on December 08, 2021, 11:30:19 AM »
Anyone looked into diesel cookers, ovens, water heaters, room heaters, etc. Thanks, Harley
« Last post by Medeek on December 06, 2021, 05:54:53 AM »
Tutorial 24 - Custom Libraries (17:49 min.)

https://youtu.be/FFLdHyq2cnY

A brief introduction and explanation of the custom header, beam, column and post libraries within the global settings.
« Last post by Medeek on December 05, 2021, 11:27:12 AM »
Version 2.5.6 - 12.05.2021
- Added a "Posts" tab into the Global Settings.
- Added a Custom Post Library/Manager in the Posts tab of the Global Settings.
- Enabled custom sizes for Sawn Lumber, Timber and SCL(PSL,LSL,LVL) posts.

This should complete the custom libraries for beams, headers, column and posts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]