30 Days off the Grid TV show

Started by trish, July 10, 2005, 02:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trish

Has anyone seen the TV show "30 Days Off The Grid"?  I just noticed that title in today's TV guide, though the show could have been running for a long time and I haven't known  it.  The description is as follows "2 friends live in a Missouri eco-villiage."  Its on the FX chanel on Wed nite, 10 p.m. in my area of Calif.

If you've seen it, can you tell me if it's a series or just a one-time special?  

Thanks
Trish

Bart_Cubbins

Sounds like it might be an episode of Morgan Spurlock's "30 Days" "reality" series. He's the genius who ate nothing but MacDonald's for a month and was surprised to find that it gave him a tummy ache. I haven't seen the TV show but have heard that the endings are just as predictable.

Bart

glenn-k

I have lived 3 years off grid - what's 30 days-- and they make a movie of it :-/

;D

I was just informed by the county lady the other day (on a random misc question generated by me about one of my customers)  that the state of Californica has ruled that if PGE is available you must hook up to it even if you don't want to.  She said it is too dangerous living off grid and that if we can't take care of ourselves the state will do it for us.

Now I can guarantee you that I will never ever hook to the grid here after that.  It will be a very ugly scene if they push it.  BTW -PGE is on my property 400 feet away on an easement serving my neighbors place.

Amanda_931

The 30 days off grid was spent at Dancing Rabbit ecovillage.

here's their (positive spin?  I haven't seen the program) on the experience.

http://www.dancingrabbit.org/30Days.php

jraabe

Like I say Glenn... come the revolution I'm gonna come down there and stand with you.

Actually technology is on your side and PGE is the one who will have to adapt.

glenn-k

Come on down, John-- I'll throw another couple solar panels on the barbie.