New American toilet paper

Started by Whitlock, October 06, 2010, 06:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

bayview

This is the same Weekly World News that has reported Michael Jackson is alive and well and has been sighted with Elvis!

Satire!   Reminds me of National Enquirer articles . . .   

Here is another!

"Rumors of Ashton Kutcher cheating on Demi are true. He's with Betty White now."

What's next?   Redesign the American Flag!    ;D
/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

Another in a long trail of absolute garbage one can find on the internet. Ain't life grand!

From the very beginning of our nation's founding, patriotic men felt that it was improper to honor any living person by putting their image on the legal tender currency, especially the circulating coins. George Washington declined when our young nation wanted his portrait on the first U.S. Dollar, which was the start of this long and still unbroken tradition.  Somewhere along the line, a law was passed that prohibits portraits of living persons from appearing on Government Securities. Therefore, the portraits on our currency notes are of deceased persons whose places in history the American people know well.

Since I'm wound up on this.... the picture on that website rekindled an interest of mine. Two interests.

#1   Abolish $1 and $2 paper currency altogether. Use distinctive coins for those denominations. In the long run it will save us taxpayers oodles of money. And to heck with those who don't like it.

#2   Make the paper currency increase in size as the face value increases. That way blind people can tell one from the other.  (Ray Charles always insisted on being paid with $1 bills in his early days so he did not have to depend on anyone else to keep from being cheated. Or so I'm told. Good idea even if that story is not true.

Both ideas are not new and are used in almost every other country in the world. Just because the USA didn't do it first does not make either idea bad.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I dunno about that, Don... If I carry any more change in my pockets it will pull my pants down.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

What I found in Europe was that I made extra effort to spend the coins rather than let them collect.

and....  It costs ~16 cents to make $1 coins, and each has a life span of about 30 years. It costs ~ 6.2 cents to make $1 bills, and they have a life span of about 21 months.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

Quote from: glenn kangiser on October 06, 2010, 10:52:39 PM
I dunno about that, Don... If I carry any more change in my pockets it will pull my pants down.

Glenn are you saying you don't run around all day pulling your paints up all ready ???

Folks Glenn has more stuff in his pockets than most have in there tool boxes heh
And his wallet is so big he puts it in his front pocket becuse if it was in his back pocket he could never sit down with out falling over sideways.
He is good to have around if you are working on something he saves you from making a lot of trips to the shop d*

Squirl

:) But what will the girls take at the clubs? 
Sorry, I couldn't resist.  d*

glenn kangiser

Squirl.... [ouch]

Alright you guys.........  [waiting]

Just remember.... if you decide to put a potato in your pants before you go to the club, it goes in the front of your pants.... not the back....

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Whitlock

Quote from: glenn kangiser on October 07, 2010, 10:21:20 AM
Squirl.... [ouch]

Alright you guys.........  [waiting]

Just remember.... if you decide to put a potato in your pants before you go to the club, it goes in the front of your pants.... not the back....

And you know this,How???  :-\

bayview

Quote from: Squirl on October 07, 2010, 09:52:06 AM
Sorry, I couldn't resist.  d*

My son-in-law says that they will not take anything less than a five spot.   At least that is what his friends tell him . . .    Right!

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: Squirl on October 07, 2010, 09:52:06 AM

I think we can imagine what happens to a bikini stuffed with silver dollars.

peternap

Mine do! :-[
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Proud_Poppa

This paints a rather disturbing mental image.
Near McCormick's Creek State Park, Owen County Indiana

glenn kangiser

Sorry about that, PP.......

Too much in the pockets, not enough bum and belt too loose..... [waiting]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Let's take up a collection to buy Glenn some suspenders.....

glenn kangiser

Can't wear them, Homey... I'm a mountain man... our women and anyone else in the back line of sight has to suffer through it...... [waiting]

Sassy

Glenn lived in the Fresno area too long...  he's a wanna be gangsta  heh
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

I don't intentionally sag them...

It's a mountain man thing... remember Fred?  hmm