North Idaho 20x40

Started by MattandAndrea, October 10, 2013, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattandAndrea

Hello! After spending a lot of time lurking on this forum and looking at projects, my husband and I bought the 20x30 1 1/2 story plan. But after getting the plan and looking at the Cason project, we decided to build a 20x40 2 story using the Universal plan as inspiration. We loved the 6 foot 2nd story walls in the Cason project so we planned for that.

We moved to North Idaho in March and found our property in May. We moved onto the property at the beginning of July and my husband has been working hard to try and get us dried in before the snow. These are the pictures of the property when we first looked at it:

MattandAndrea

We put in our well and septic and moved our RV onto the property. We're living in that (us and our 6 kids still at home).

MattandAndrea

We cleared the home site, had the site excavated for foundation and built a shed.

(Shed is almost complete in this pic).

MattandAndrea

We poured a footer and then built a 4 foot concrete block foundation.

rick91351

w* from Rick and Ellen down south near Boise..... ;D

Nice looking area you have picked out to live in. 

[cool]
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MattandAndrea

Ordered our lumber for the deck and first floor framing!

MattandAndrea

Quote from: rick91351 on October 10, 2013, 09:55:44 PM
w* from Rick and Ellen down south near Boise..... ;D

Nice looking area you have picked out to live in. 

[cool]

Thank you for the welcome!! It is really beautiful! I was looking at your pics too and you have beautiful property!!

MattandAndrea

MattandAndrea

Walls going up!

And finally, a driveway!

MattandAndrea

Sheathing going on, beams going in and some interior walls!

MattandAndrea

MattandAndrea

Tickhill

Welcome, looks like you are living/working the dream! I lived in Wyoming and Montana during high school, never made it to Idaho but hope to sometime in the future get back out that way. I am convinced there is nothing like it this side of heaven. Fine looking family, God Bless,
Tickhill
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

MattandAndrea

Quote from: Tickhill on October 11, 2013, 08:17:41 AM
Welcome, looks like you are living/working the dream! I lived in Wyoming and Montana during high school, never made it to Idaho but hope to sometime in the future get back out that way. I am convinced there is nothing like it this side of heaven. Fine looking family, God Bless,
Tickhill

Thank you for the welcome!! It is beautiful country out here. I hope you do make it back!

Patrick

Place looks great, I used to spend my summers just west of Missoula on petty creek mountain( My dad owned and operated a machine shop) we would drive to Idaho and go to the hot springs. If I remeber they where in a public park off of 90? I have such good memories of that area .Really great area to raise a family.

MattandAndrea

Quote from: Patrick on October 12, 2013, 08:42:11 AM
Place looks great, I used to spend my summers just west of Missoula on petty creek mountain( My dad owned and operated a machine shop) we would drive to Idaho and go to the hot springs. If I remeber they where in a public park off of 90? I have such good memories of that area .Really great area to raise a family.

Thanks!! We really love it here. Will have to see where the hot springs are. That sounds like fun!

Rm man

The place looks awesome! I'm impressed with the progress you have made in such a short time.Keep up the good work.