Brown County Indiana 20x32 single story

Started by TCR, October 23, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCR

Started our cabin in Brown County Indiana, Lot cleared and septic installed, Footer dug. They have pretty strict septic permits here but we got approved and hope to have the foundation done by bad weather so we can start framing as weather permits. I have pictures but need to figure it out.

Rob_O

Greeting from Louisville.

Here's a how-to on posting pictures http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=11663.0

Can't wait to see the pics, good luck with your project!
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

grover

A big [cool] from Evansville.  You are in a beautiful area.   

TCR

Here is photo of Septic system

Footer and crawlspace, I'll be putting  in rebar  today.

NavyDave

w* to the forum. Looks like a beautiful site.

Runnerdave

Hey TCR!  Congratulations on your ground breaking! The trees are beautiful there this time of year.  Are you using the 20X30 CP plans with a 2' extension? I see a propane tank of to the side, going gas? Thanks for sharing the photos. What are your plans for the structure?

Mike 870

Nice, I'm going mountain biking in Brown County SP in a couple weeks.  Good luck with the build.

TCR

We got the footer poured yesterday and ordered blocks to be delivered Monday morning.
20x30 extended. tank belongs to neighbor, I'll prob go elec. ductless mini-split.

I make my living as an Artist thats why I'm in Brown County I was hoping to start last spring so I could paint during the fall but with the heat I got behind. I've waited 30 years to build a place here so I'm trying to take my time.

Mike my place is directly across the highway from the park entrance where the covered  bridge is, straight up the private road up the hill, make right on top and follow around ,my place is on the left you can't miss the construction.
I'm planning to get the deck on before the winter comes and see how it goes from there.

Not sure if I can post my web-site ?

Thanks
Thom Robinson

Tickhill

Welcome Thom, looking forward to your posts and pictures of your build! I found your website and enjoyed looking at your paintings.
My wife has taken several courses on painting and does watercolors and chalk and she finds it very rewarding.
Be blessed,
Tickhill
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

TCR

Blocks delivered today.

TCR

My wife and I spent the weekend getting the foundation ready for backfilling and getting the deck on before the wether gets bad.

Mike 870

looking good!  I was out at Brown County State Park last Sunday.  That place is amazing.  If you're not a mountain biker, you should take it up, because your right across the street from one of the best, if not the best places in the midwest for it.