For all that have used log siding.....

Started by nateb8, November 15, 2006, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Kind of a screen -- the porch fence is just jute erosion control netting.  It will last about a year or so then have to be replaced.  The screen doors on both sides are aviary netting with a 2x2 frame and hung from silent hinges (fire hose stapled to the wall and 2x2 frame) :).  Shoe leather would have worked fine too.

All this is necessary because of our giant rodents called deer by some.  They have no qualms about walking out on a porch that is 8 feet off the ground to eat swiss chard and cabbage etc. from the 20 foot long suspended planter.

peg_688

QuoteYour welcome John here is another

Thanks PEG  I went to Daly's web site.  They are kinda proud of the stuff $$.  I'll send them an email and see if there is a local distributor.

Your welcome  :) Glad you found the site I left off the link , I went back and put it in  :-[

desdawg

Glenn, you need a trap door from the porch roof to the freezer. Cabbage fed venison should be good.

glenn-k

Sounds like a good idea, desdawg.  It's just that I was hoping to have cabbage with my venison.  :)

benevolance

Glenn

Plant twice the cabbage....Use half as bait...

glenn-k

I don't even have to bait them.  5 ran out in front of me this morning on the way to work.  Grilled venison, anyone?  I missed them but it happens often around here.

benevolance

Amanda_931

I really do like that 2nd cut siding under the half-timbered framing.

(2nd cut, flitch, Adirondack, whatever.  Of course it doesn't have to be 2nd cut, although those are sometimes free as being too small or crooked to use)