House wrap to cover floor insulation ??

Started by Taylor, January 26, 2009, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

I was wondering if there is any reason I couldn't use some scrap house wrap to cover the bottom of my floor joist after I insulate it. I plan on enclosing around the bottom of my house and put rock veneer some time. I just want to use it to help keep bugs and stuff out, kind of like under a mobile home.

Thanks

Taylor

MountainDon

It won't keep mice out. They do love to nest in fiberglass.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Seems John has mentioned doing that but slitting it - possibly to let liquid out?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Taylor

I was hoping to use the house wrap since it would be free, lol. I don't know if I really would have a problem with mice, my cat loves them and I am sure my puppy will too, but that is a good point. Maybe I could go with the house wrap and if I have a mouse problem I could cover it with the 1/4" hardware cloth?? I know this year that I have lived here, I have seen snakes in the yard but not seen any mice nor did I see my cat with any of them, but that doesn't mean there aren't there.

Thanks

Taylor

MountainDon

Mice are everywhere The only ones I see around our cabin are dead ones in the traps. Here in the desert suburbs my wife saw a roadrunner savaging a mouse in the front street. Rough neighborhood.  rofl rofl rofl
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.