What do you think about this plan?

Started by Gen11esis, June 05, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_P

If the door to the master closet moved toward the center tou'd pick up more useable space within the closet. A pocket would work but makes mounting things harder.  I'd lose the door by the sofa and probably flop the kitchen into there as someone suggested, the fridge is rumbling in your ear all night.

Gen11esis

Ok this should be close to the final plan. Thank you for all the ideas now cant wait to start.

GSPDOG

Just a couple of points to keep in mind,observations, run water through a common location as a cabin you will be thankful for that in the future.  There is no utility area have you thought about where the electrical service panel is going o be located keeping in mind you have to have 36" clearance to the front and 30 inch wide clearance .  That clearance can be measured from one side of the panel or the other.  Cam not be located in a bathroom or closet.

Water heater I assume is going to be electric so no need to vent but if you every have to drain it you really do not have a good way to do that unless you plan on a floor drain in that room.

Back to the waterlines it appears you are going to have water lines running through an exterior wall I would avoid that if at all possible.  Keep in mind as well the center of the toilet plumbing is 12" fro the FINISHED WALL to the center of the drain and 18" left and right of center and 24" clearance measured from the front of the toilet.  Also keep in mind the venting for the plumbing any drain more than 6 feet from the main vent stack is going to require venting, that is going to be a factor when running the venting if it goes into a load bearing wall.

Just some food for thought as the mechanicals always influence my designs.
Thanks for Reading
Jim Brown

grover

What program are you using to draw these plans?

Gen11esis

Quote from: grover on June 11, 2013, 08:56:13 PM
What program are you using to draw these plans?

Home Designer by chief architect.

C.Oden

I may be missing it somewhere but I cannot for the life of me see what you have for dimensions
on this print?
I too am liking the latest revision.
How do you like the HD software? Fairly easy to use?
Thanks