Journalists convicted in North Korea

Started by Sonoran, June 09, 2009, 01:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who thinks that this is being used by the U.S. to eventually escalate to military action against North Korea?

I think the U.S. set this up to start conflict with North Korea.
0 (0%)
I think this is a coincidence and nothing will happen.
1 (100%)
I don't know.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Sonoran

I'm young and don't know much. This is just a complete whim. I know that NK keeps building weapons and the U.S. says "were the only ones allowed to do that, we have the biggest GDP for the next few years, you have to listen to us."  I'm just guessing that this can be used to rally U.S. citizens against North Korea and make them want to fight.
Don't forget my disclaimer, I'm young and I don't know much and don't read at all on foreign affairs.

What do you guys think?

Two US Journalists Convicted in North Korea
Josh Pringle
Monday, June 8, 2009

North Korea's top court has convicted two US journalists of a "grave crime" against the nation and of illegally crossing into North Korea.

The country's state-run Korean Central News Agency says TV reporters Laura Ling and Euna Lee were tried during proceedings in North Central Court from last Thursday to Monday.

The report says the court sentenced the two to "12 years of reform through labour."

Ling and Lee were working for former vice-President Al Gore's California based Current TV.

They cannot appeal because they were tried in North Korea's highest court.
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

phalynx

This is very interesting.  Algore will have to decide what is more dangerous to the world, "Gorebal Warming" or terrorism.   Hummmmm,