Sometimes you just want to cry

Started by peternap, March 24, 2009, 04:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Last week I went to one of the larger rivers to take Osprey pictures. As soon as I got there, I saw a little dog on the beach. Cute little thing. I took it's picture.

The lady that owned it (at least it appeared so) was nearby and we talked for a while. I took the pictures I wanted and went home. Later in the week, I wanted to go back and I made an 8X10 of the picture before we went.

The lady was older and I suspected she lived in a retirement home nearby. I went there and asked one of the residents if they knew the dog. They did and told me what apartment the owner was in. I gave her the picture and went on about what I was doing. I left her one of my cards.

Today, I got this email:

Dear Mr.,

I live at the Riverside Condo in Tappahannock. The little shih tzu you photographed and gave the picture to Edna  is actually my dog but Edna has been keeping her and loving her for about 5-6 years.

Yesterday we had to have Ginger put to sleep. Her condition rapidly declined over the last week to the point she could no longer walk and the vet said she most likely had cancer that had affected her everywhere, particulary her spine.

This has been a sad time for all of us at the condo. I just wanted you to know the picture you gave to Edna is up on the bulletin board where we post obituaries and other important notices. We ALL thank you. It is much appreciated.

Report this post
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

It is a sad story yet very warming at the same time. The fact you went out of your way to take a picture and find the owner. Then you getting a response, thanking you and informing you about the dog. Stories like this where the people do a unselfish acts warms my heart and reminds me that humanity still exist.

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

MountainDon

That was nice Peter. Small things make a difference.  :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Very sad, Peter, but I'm so glad that you were able to give them the picture.