A couple of visitors

Started by peternap, May 28, 2011, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I always enjoy Mountain Don's Game camera posts.
I pulled the cameras yesterday and had about 1200 pictures. Bear, Coyote and Bob Cat are always my favorite. No Bob Cats this week but one of my larger bears and one of the most wolfish Yotes I've ever seen.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Good size bear and a mean looking 'yote.

Where's the ladder go up to?

I put a camera in the trees on the lower north facing slope along a well worn path (deer, elk) last time before we left. "Hope there are some video clips.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on May 28, 2011, 07:38:59 PM
Good size bear and a mean looking 'yote.

Where's the ladder go up to?

I put a camera in the trees on the lower north facing slope along a well worn path (deer, elk) last time before we left. "Hope there are some video clips.

That's one of my Ladder Stands Don.
On a good day I'll see 30 Deer walk by.

I'm working on a new video camera now using a GoPro camera and a Super Sniper board. It'll give me a 170 degree view at 1080 P.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

Cool pix!  Big bear & that coyote does look like a wolf.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

That Coyote looks like a German Shepherd cross.   Is that possible?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

I guess it is - Coydog - Googled it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Quote from: glenn kangiser on May 29, 2011, 01:53:18 AM
I guess it is - Coydog - Googled it.

Very possible and probable Glenn.
There are lots of names, but locally they're called Coydogs.
They are also dangerous. They have all the cunning and ferocity of a coyote and the size of a Domestic German Shepard plus they don't have the natural fear of people Coyotes have. They are especially bad if they start to pack with strays.

RIjake

Here's a funny shot of a Maine Black Bear who got curious with my camera!

StinkerBell

peternap

Quote from: RIjake on May 29, 2011, 06:57:47 AM
Here's a funny shot of a Maine Black Bear who got curious with my camera!

They are silly things sometimes. Every once in a while I'll get a picture of a bear eyeball trying to look into the lens. :-\

StinkerBell

Do you give the wildlife names? I am thinkingof calling that Bear Yogi. ;) and the coyote we can call Wile E

rick91351

Love the old bear - the 'yote' needs to go.  Looks way to wolfy.  I love our coyotes out here.  My dad would lecture me never kill one so long as they stay a good distance from buildings and they are not bothering the livestock.  He would then ask me do you have a clue how many ground squirrels and mice they kill in a year?  As if I would know  ;)   They knew where that line was not to cross.  Very seldom would they even look at a cow or a calf.  In fact they love to hunt in among them.  I love to watch them hunt the open fields and pastures with the cattle.  Poking around here and there then they make a jump and munch down a ground squirrel or find a mouse den.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

RIjake

Latest visitor on the camera

peternap

rwanders

Quote from: peternap on May 29, 2011, 02:54:48 AM
Very possible and probable Glenn.
There are lots of names, but locally they're called Coydogs.
They are also dangerous. They have all the cunning and ferocity of a coyote and the size of a Domestic German Shepard plus they don't have the natural fear of people Coyotes have. They are especially bad if they start to pack with strays.

Cross breeding between wolves and domestic dogs is fairly common in Alaska and especially in the small villages between sled dogs and wolves. The results are usually very noticeable. They often have the long legs and distinctive loping gait of the wolf side and their eyes are often immediately recognizable with that intense look of a predator. I think there is something like an instinctive or genetic memory of that wolf stare in us. People who have never seen a wolf before seem to immediately have a strong visceral reaction to those eyes. You immediately know its not just a dog staring at you. 
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MountainDon

Video, deer jumps fence.  Click image
It's a gray scale picturebecuase the infrared system had not switched to daylight mode yet.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

MountainDon

And another! Young deer decides not to jump fence