Icynene question

Started by raybob, August 23, 2007, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okie_Bob

Glenn, just curious...is your brother still alive? Actually, I'm surprised either of you two are alive!

Jimmy, I'm sorry to say I can't find the contact info at the moment. The company name is something like Insealation but , not sure. They are in Kaufman, not too far from you and I know
they travel quite a ways.

The issue of what type material it will stick to? I believe it would stick to teflon. It's about the stickiest stuff I've ever come in contact with. If you get it on you, you will NOT get it off. It's unreal.

I used Tyvek on the exterior of my house and I used 30#felt under the metal on my roof. Not sure it was needed but, it's not that expensive and not that difficult to install therefore, I did it. I also used 15# felt under my hardwood floor and above the plywood subfloor. Not sure why but, it was recommened and therefore it is there.
Okie Bob

glenn kangiser

Thanks for that question BoB.  I was beginning to think our members were so callous that they didn't even care that I shot my own brother.  You have restored my faith. ;D

Yeah -- he is still alive - lives nearby because he and my sister moved down with me for a while about 1971 or so.  Probably because of my fair judgment, eh?  We get along pretty good now -- can't resist a little good natured teasing every so often though.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Okie_Bob

Glenn, life would sure be boring without some goodnatured teasing now and then.
Just curious, you say he moved in in '71..he's not still there is he!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehe
Now that is NOT funny, I don't care what you think!
Okie Bob

glenn kangiser

Not even, BoB.   :o

No -- they both stayed on untill they got going in the world - a year or so then we sent them to live with their new in-laws.

Actually after a while my sister went back to Oregon and ended up getting married to a young fellow from Illinois.

I asked my mom what the guy was like and she said he was full of sh*t, so I thought, Hmmmm ---.  I talked him into coming back down here and being a salesman for me.  We ended up being the number one Cuckler building dealer in the US for a couple years during his reign.  We just scratched by but we sold a lot of buildings and got most of the toys we wanted. :)

We beat others so badly that when we were done building during the 82 crash headhunters from a big company came and got him and he's still with them today.  They build Costco's and other big stuff.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Okie_Bob

Now that's a neat story Glenn and I'm proud of you!
Hope your brother took advanage of your assistance too. Not everyone gets a second chance.
Okie Bob

glenn kangiser

He worked with and for me for many years welding, built tons of buildings, installing roll bars and slope boards  on Caterpillars, and drilling wells then took a county road crew job for a while -- came back - drilled wells a while - went back - manages the county road crew now and does jobs on the side quite often on his own.  Doing as well or better than can be expected in todays world.  Saw both of them at the brother in laws and sisters a couple weeks ago.

We get along fine.  He didn't try to sing at the party.  That was nice.   :)

He used to sing Roy Orbison songs.  We used to call him Roy Org**m.   Boy could he hit those high notes. :)