plans into the county

Started by tim, October 08, 2005, 01:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim

Well the plans for the 20x30 1.5 are now in with the county. We were told that the plans would have to have a review by an engineer (at our expense). The question i have have since we are building in snow country if the county or engineer says we need to change the load the roof can hold, can we just use larger 2x10" in the truses to achieve the load rating? I am new to building so all help is appreciated! I am sure I will have many questions as I get farther into this project.

glenn-k

The engineer should know the snow load for your area and re-design your roof to suit.  If you are using trusses then the truss company should design the trusses for the snow load of the site.  County Building and Safety/ Inspector or plan checker should be able to tell you their requirement for the site.  Have your APN number when you ask so they can easily locate it.

jraabe

Depending on the loads you have locally the engineer may either modify the site built truss or call out a manufactured truss (designed by another engineerĀ :D).

Since you are using a plan of ours you can ask questions about the specific plan in the Support Forum.