tiny community

Started by dad-of-4-in-tn, October 09, 2005, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad-of-4-in-tn

was just surfing and found this site.

http://www.cottagecompany.com/index.html

Looks like I'm in the wrong bussiness. Their house start at $500,000.
Not all that small though.

jraabe

This is the developer who is building many of the Ross Chapin designed projects. They have moved from tiny well detailed cottage communities toward larger well detailed neighborhood communities. (Ross is a very talented friend and ex business partner of mine who lives in my small town.)

In the process the home prices have gone up accordingly.

This is all being done with an upper middle class market in mind and in a hot RE market (suburban Seattle) where this price often buys a larger but more ostentatious house.

Niche marketing at work and making money...

dad-of-4-in-tn

Yes I loved the detail in all the houses I saw. I'm sure as you say its a good deal in the area they are in.

quil

Welcome to Seattle and the Eastside of Seattle. Nice looking homes.  I might tour a couple of these homes in the near future I will report back. I toured a beautiful 1500 sq. ft. bungalow Sunday in a small community near Port Towsend, WA.  Nice home with big price tag 725 K.

Quil

I went through the homes in this community yesterday. They were very nice. A very creative use of space for the homes in the neighborhood and in the house design. The homes were small bungalowstyle from 1400 to 1700 square feet .It is interesting to see how different builders are using composite materials (mdf moulding, hardiplank siding etc.) These homes were built and designed with energy conservation in mind. We took some pictures of some of the interesting details like bead board and car decking ceilings and ladders to loft areas.  I will try to see if I can figure out how to post them. If you are in the Seattle area it is worth looking at the houses.

John Raabe

Quill:

There is information on how to post pics in the Intoduction link at the top of the forum.

We'd love to see them.
None of us are as smart as all of us.