The 10 best countries to live (and the 10 worst)

Started by RainDog, January 14, 2010, 07:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainDog

I always suspect that some anti-Americanism skews the results in these things.

"Freedom" and "culture", for instance, can be highly subjective according to one's personal ideals.

But, of course, I'm biased too.  ;)

http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2010/01/the-20-best-places-to-live-in-the-world.html
NE OK

fishing_guy

You couldn't pay me enough to live in France.  It's just something about the culture...

I guess I'm used to and like working.  They seem to hate it and have a lot of holidays and strikes.  Just my view.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

pagan

"French people piss me off." Cartman

Why is it the worst countries all seem to be Muslim?

RainDog

Quote from: fishing_guy on January 14, 2010, 10:04:06 AM
You couldn't pay me enough to live in France.  It's just something about the culture...

Well, to be perfectly honest, it's not all bad there. Apart from food, fashion and the art of not working, the French, who are mostly gay, do enjoy a fantastic energy policy. France is the country which is the least dependent on the price of fossil fuel, due to the very ambitious nuclear policy of the 1970s; electricity is cheap and France exports it to other European countries.

;)
NE OK

fishing_guy

http://www.am1500.com/link/France_to_ban_psychological_violence_within_marriages

Honestly, I wasn't looking for this.  I just ran across this and thought to myself, yes, this is why I couldn't live in France.

Not that I yell at my honey, but sometimes it happens.  I can see myself getting stopped by the coppers, "Put that voice back in your throat Mr. Fishing_guy and back away...slowly".
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

RainDog

Quote from: pagancelt on January 14, 2010, 10:18:57 AM
Why is it the worst countries all seem to be Muslim?

Well, according to our illustrious potentate, the US is "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world".

Seriously, though, lack of individual freedom and human rights, deep economic and social class divisions, the lower status of women, no free press, the list goes on and on.
NE OK