Building officals

Started by PEG688, April 17, 2007, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

So where some of the chiken $hit I deal with from our local inspector's ,

Typ. nailing detail at hold downs

Area in questions ,

See the strap that got placed slightly off so it stuck into the window ??

Well we cut of 8" of said strap , yanno so it wouldn't stick into the window  ::)

Well this jackarse, and believe me that is the cleaned up verion of what I called him  >:( >:(' anyway due to such a egreeeeeegious disregard for building code , we need to provide written Engineers report that it's OK  ::)

Well %$#%me running !!!I'm sure a certain insp. with a big city man would surely agree that such practices are totally unsat ::)

I gotta get back into cabinet making  :'( :'(

We now return you to your cheerful PEG ::) ;D

Oh BTW he had four other issues , one of which is legit.  :-[

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Do you have to glue the splinters of studs together after you put all the nails in? :-?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

When arbitrary lines get drawn in the sand (which is the nature of code specification) then 2 or 3 grains to the right can become a big deal for someone who only knows the rules and not the big picture.

It is hard to imagine what kinds of conditions could be put on that wall where the 8" you sawed off would make a difference.  :o
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

From his reaction you'd think that tie that was cut was the only one on that side of the building.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

paul s

gee wizz it is a wonder most houses are still standing

glenn kangiser

I think it's time for a state funded study of why any old houses without ties are still standing. :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.