Foundation Basement in southeast

Started by dsus4, July 19, 2016, 03:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsus4

I'm estimating cost/budget for a house we are wanting to build. Biggest question I have is foundation basement. There seems to be alot of variance with the folks I've talked to. Basically, we're wanting about an 1100 sq ft (no designs/drawings or anything yet) poured concrete walkout basement. The walkout part will be on the back side (long wall opposite front). 9' walls with rough in plumbing for one bathroom, basement square with 4 corners. Wall framing will be done with rough carpentry work on the house. No finish, electrical, etc....I'm planning on doing all that later.

Any thoughts on what we might be looking at ballpark cost wise?

Thanks!!

Don_P

Can't help with cost, one other option to check is Superior walls, precast foundations. They work well for a finished basement. Insulated, studded, wiring chases cast in, basically ready for sheetrock. They sit on a gravel trench footing and are set in a day, ready to build on the next.

NathanS

It is hard to give prices because there are a lot of aspects to a foundation and prices vary by location a lot. You will want the excavator to run a trench to daylight for your drain, you probably want some insulation in those walls if not below the slab. The plumbing, like you mentioned. The excavator and concrete guys are usually two different contractors.

Once it is all done and backfilled, for a foundation that size, I wouldn't jump if I heard 30k... could easily be more by the time you have your slab poured and all that... You can usually call contractors to get ballpark estimates (though they are busy at this time of the year).

You could save a ton of money by laying the block yourself.