Our Universal Cottage Build Near Homer, Alaska

Started by jennatorres84, March 31, 2014, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennatorres84

We worked out in the rain today but managed to get our subflooring done as well as our first set of stairs.  We are building a split entry between the main floor and the basement. 

jennatorres84

Making great progress!  I'm exhausted....  d*

akwoodchuck

Foundation looks great! Interesting mix of sheathing too  ;D
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."

jennatorres84

Haha!  Well the sheeting is all the same batch except up in the gables, we started running out so we used some roof sheathing.   :D  We're getting close to the finish line with framing.... Waiting for Saturday so my hubby can be here to help with the roof, and right now we're (me and the guy who's helping us frame) are working on stairs & interior framing.  It's coming together very nicely and I'm happy with the small adjustments we made to the plans.

ajohnson

You're really moving fast on your build, especially since its owner- builder.  Keep it up!

jennatorres84

You know we feel like it's been so worth it to hire someone to work alongside us during framing.  It's not "hard" to frame, but since we aren't experienced it would have taken us much longer.  Plus, this way even on days that my husband has to work, we can get out there and get a lot done.  Between the 3 of us, someone's out there working at least 6 days a week, 8 hours a day.  Another week and we should be done framing and ready to get started on plumbing/electrical.