Modify my own country plan myself from a PDF? How?

Started by Dougwadsworh, August 10, 2020, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougwadsworh

Hello, I was planning on buying the 20/30 1.5 story countryplan. However, I heard it comes as a PDF... i wanted to make some modifications (raise the loft up so there is a 5' knee wall, shift around the rooms a bit).

How hard is that, since it apparently comes as a PDF?    I know I will need to consult a builder and engineer (trusses issue), but do I just pencil in the changes on the original plan before submitting it to the county for my building permit? Will the county permit folks accept that?

Or would I have to hire a professional drafter to totally completely remake all the plans for me, and print a brand new final EXACT copy before submitting it to the county? IE: I have to pay another drafter person another $500 to redo them all?

Does the county care, or do I just submit the "rough" initial plan as it comes directly from country plans to first get the permit, and THEN pencil in any changes I want and get approved by an engineer for the inspector?

sorry, I am really new to this.

Thank yo u!

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Don_P

Correctly, you submit the final plan to the building dept and he reviews and inspects to that plan. Judging from your question and desires a good architect or engineer will save you more than they cost.

Go on fiverr and look for architect services. I'm sure you can get someone to convert it to a dwg and change the roof for $20