12 volt switch

Started by Kevin, February 16, 2005, 07:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Does anyone know of a 12 volt switch I can use for the lights in my cabin? I want something that will fit in a regular electrical switch box and looks half way normal.I was told that you could use a regular 120 switch but that it could arc in 12 volt. Any help or ideas?


A 120 VAC switch would arc in a 12 application where the voltage is lower, but often the current (amperage) is higer!

RV's use 12V switches and so do marine applications. RV parts places and marine dealers (stay away from West Marine unless you like paying top dollar!) would be good places to look.

Check here: http://www.amplepower.com/

for possible links and every last thing you'll probably ever want to know about living with 12 volts!