Google

Started by MountainDon, September 30, 2011, 11:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I'm forever astounded. Within seconds of posting a brand new topic tonight I noticed that one of the Google robots was 'reading" the topic. More often than not there is one of their 'bots on site.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

considerations

Homegrown Tomatoes

The ads that suddenly appear for whatever your topic of choice is.... watch what happens if you mention something like "sunrooms".

MountainDon

Quote from: considerations on October 01, 2011, 07:28:34 AM
How can you tell?

Administrators can see the IP address of everyone, including guests, viewing any page on the forum at any given time.  IP addresses can be looked up to see who owns them. Like if you look up mine it indicates Qwest in Albuquerque. I recognized the IP group as one that belongs to Google. And it was looking at the newly started topic.

The ads get their cue from page content and from your IP address.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Don't I think they adds are confused w/this topic,  :D   There's auto ins, litigation attorneys & floor plans

I've noticed that, too.  Just read an article or watched a video, can't remember, how Google fine tunes your searches to what you've looked at in the past so you don't necessarily get an unbiased search - you gotta look down further than the 1st links.  So now they are trying to 2nd guess you.   d*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Native_NM

Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Patio.  Patio Heater.  Solar water. 

This is a test. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Rob_O

I have no idea what you are talking about. Thank you ABP

Let me know how your test works

Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Sunroom.  Patio.  Patio Heater.  Solar water.
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Native_NM

Interesting results.  Prior to my test post, the ads were targeting sandblasting.  I posted the test, and refreshed five times over a few minutes.  New ads for "patio and porch columns" popped up.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

rick91351

I use Gmail a lot and am use to the tags all the time from their readers.  But the other day wrote an old friend up in Seattle a little philosophical thing that sounded sort of like Mark Twain and included how I would love to have the opportunity to sit under the shade of the weeping willow, sipping a iced tea and partake of a cigar with this persons pastor.  (He nor I smoke but the conversation just went that way.  The pastor is a real neat guy.)  Funny but the next day my main e mail account's Quarantined Messages not G mail but my account with my ISP full of buy cigars over the internet.  And a couple for trees via internet and a couple theology schools.  Was flooded with that for several weeks.......  Me thinks Google knows way ... way to much...       
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Sassy

Quote from: Sassy on October 01, 2011, 10:55:29 AM
Don't I think they adds are confused w/this topic,  :D   There's auto ins, litigation attorneys & floor plans

I just read over my earlier post - I think I was confused   d*

Now it's on-line criminal justice degrees, certified nursing schools & nurse practitioner school...

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

rick91351

Hey Sassy I have some real good offers for nursing and paralegal courses and schools if you want me to forward them to you.   ;)
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.