Illegals Celebrate May Day, Demand Their "Rights"

Started by MountainDon, May 02, 2008, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

AP story...

Thousands Protest

In the second paragraph, the story talks about marchers across the country who "demanded citizenship opportunities for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. and an end to raids and deportations." Did I read that correctly? People come into this country illegally, and then "demand" citizenship and an end to enforcing the laws that are on the books to stop illegal activity?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

I'm pretty sure a disproportionate amount of that number is residing here in New Mexico.  We have a new charter school being built 1/4 mile from my house.  Spanish is the exclusive language to be spoken there.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

Several years ago schools here were @66%.  Gringos are a minority.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

I'm going to Mexico and demand a margarita and an umbrella.  ::)

StinkerBell

Man this thing has been bothering me.

I wanted it noted that the time here in Seattle when the protesters took to the streets was about 5pm. Same time a large majority get off work and pour into the streets to catch their transportation. I believe this is done to make this protest look more inflated and much more supported then it really is.

Just my observation, for what it is worth (I believe that has been established at 37 cents heh )

Kinda like me going around on a college campus passing out a few flyer's and saying tomorrow is a rally and if you support my position you will wear blue jeans tomorrow.

MountainDon

I never gave the timing any thought till now.  ???

I never did wear blue jeans since the day I expressed a preference for black.  Yeah I wear black jeans/denim  ;D  Wranglers preferred.   

I didn't watch the news at all the past few days. I have no idea what materialized here at the planned Albuquerque and Santa Fe protests/demonstrations. The morning paper had nothing at all that I noticed.

There were also supposed to be absences from school/work etc. as a protest.  [noidea' what happened there.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.