Going Razor Clam Digging

Started by StinkerBell, December 19, 2007, 12:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Going Razor clam digging this weekend....In that state of WA if you do not have your SS number you can not get a license....I went to pay for the weekend license to clam dig this weekend. Who would of thought I needed my kids ss# too. They scanned my drivers license at GI Joe's all my info came up that was on my license and they have my SS# too. I am irritated only because these people do not do my taxes. The only people IMO who need my SS is my CPA and the IRS....

Rant off....

Never done this razor clam dig thing, so anyone have any good recipe ideas?

glenn kangiser

I love razor clams.  How about lightly breaded and lightly fried with fresh lemon to squeeze on it liberally.  Then suck em up.  [hungry]

...and it is illegal to use the SSN for that purpose.

These people will now sell your SSN to illegal aliens who will use it to work in the country illegally.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

The computer they rant my drivers license through (micro strip on it) and placed my SS# in was a STATE computer. I asked yesterday when I returned what if I wasn't a resident or a citizen, say I was from Canada? oh she said, it would be twice the amount. I got upset cause I returned last night with the kids SS#"s (I didn't have them with me when we went the night before). I said I wish I was told that what I spent on gas for he return trip was more.....

MountainDon

Quote from: StinkerBell on December 20, 2007, 11:32:52 AM
...what if I wasn't a resident or a citizen, say I was from Canada? oh she said, it would be twice the amount.
Twice for a non resident is not bad. Non resident fishing in NM is a little over 2X, hunting as much as 9 - 10X as much. Not sure why they want the SSN, here in NM it's the DL# that's wanted. Not sure what they need in the case of a junior (12-17) license. At one time it was enough to just pay the fee for a junior; no ID needed.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

The thing is it would be about 3.50 more. The amount of gas I spent going back to get the kids SS# wasn't worth it.
I am just in a ranting mood....I HATE using the SS# as an ID. There is a rampant Identity theft now a days.

fishing_guy

Here in Minnesota, they use it for keeping deadbeat parents in check.  Don't pay your spouse, no hunting or fishing for you >:(.

My wife and I just purchased a lifetime fishing liscense for my newphew who is just turning 16.  You guessed it, SS # needed, along with my drivers liscense # as purchaser.  If it wasn't a good deal for my newphew, I probably would have walked out.  But for $300, he has a liscense (and a chance to fish with his favorite uncle ;) ) for the rest of his life.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

StinkerBell

All that money and only four little clams....We stink d*

glenn kangiser

[noidea' You are supposed to sneak up on them, Stink. [shocked]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

They tasted like rubber.....yuck.

glenn kangiser

Did you cook them too long?  -- should be about 3 seconds.  Rubber lightly breaded and fried with salt and lots of lemon juice.  Yum.