Nice CDX ply.

Started by PEG688, June 10, 2007, 12:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

So heres the nicest sheet / unit of CDX I think I've ever seen ,  

7 ply not 5 :

Nice face ,

And some other woods ,

Interesting these two oil finishs look so different one brings out the red the other the yellow ,

The one with two finishs the Aqua spar is water based , I like the yellow it brought out as well  8-)

For a island top and book shelf  I'll be doing , the client picked the Jatoba , Brizilan cherry , nice wood  harder than our Cherry , used a lot for flooring around here as well.

That Khaya  (  ribbon grained African Mahogany   )  was nice , and the 1/4 sawn  Sapele was pretty as well. But sort of to fine looking for the Red Oak kitchen I'm re building , the Jatoba will mix better.

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Good looking ply.

The last thing I finished was dirt.  Our stairway of cob in the back was dusty so finished it with a coat of 50/50 boiled linseed and thinner.  Not as shiny as your wood finish but really worked great and stopped the dust as well as hardened the stair.  

Sorry about that PEG --- It was a finish. :-?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

QuoteGood looking ply.

The last thing I finished was dirt.  Our stairway of cob in the back was dusty so finished it with a coat of 50/50 boiled linseed and thinner.  Not as shiny as your wood finish but really worked great and stopped the dust as well as hardened the stair.  

Sorry about that PEG --- It was a finish. :-?

So you finish dirt eh  ::) Yup,  you are different eh  ;D
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Yup - dumber 'n dirt. :)

Gives it a nice flexible linoleum like finish and toughens it up.

Still not as nice as your wood work though. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.