Great Deal for Book Lovers

Started by Robert_Flowers, February 24, 2006, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_Flowers

Thursday i went to the Friends of the Library Book Sale got 17 books and 1 old Wood magazine for only 18.75
If anybody has a Library book sale near by  GO it's for a great cause here all the money goes to buy new books and repair old ones. Most of the book are donated some are withdrawn library books heres a list of what i got

Wood Magazine #7 oct. 1985 $0.25                                   Rodale Plans Solar air Heater     $0.50

Passive Solar Energy 2nd edition                                      Illustrated Housebuilding
Bruce Anderson & Malcolm Wells $0.50                             Graham Blackburn                     $1.50  

The Low-Maintenance House                                             Underground Houses
Gene Logsdon                          $0.75                               Robert L Roy                              $0.50

Working Wood                                                                Joining Wood
Mike & Nancy Buble                  $0.75                               Nick Engler                                 $2.00

The Book of Furniture Making                                           Homing Instinct                                          
Alf Martensson                          $1.50                              John Connell                               $1.00

Carrots Love tomatoes                                                     Practical Beekeeping
Louise Riotte                             $0.75                              Tompkins & Griffith                     $0.50

Home Poulry Keeping                                                       The Integral urban House
Geoffrey Eley                            $0.75                               Farallones Instiyute                    $1.00

Crafting as a Business                                                       Buildings And Projects
Wendy Rosen                           $0.50                                Glenn Murcutt                             $0.50

The Pasture Book                                                             The New Organic Grower
W.R. Thompson                        $0.75                                Eliot Coleman                              $1.00

How to Build a House                                                       TheSelf-Sufficient Gardener
Larry Haun                               $1.50                               John Seymour                              $2.75

All but two are in mint condtion.

I hope this post is not too long are in the wrong forum i just thank everybody should to help there local library.

Remenber a good book will keep you off the street and out of the pool halls and out of trouble ;)

Robert

dannycl12(Guest)

also remember the library has these books to lend. Do not buy until you look them over at the library. Then go to ebay. Of course if they are on sale for .50 each at a book sale you have to buy. Remember to take them out before you decide it is a have to have book, and buy it new. /my library has many such books and it was a great (free)education

Doug Martin

Our local library book sale has an ingenous method of pricing their books -- they don't.  They have the book sales during big town events and once you pick out all your books and are ready to leave you pass by a table with a couple of volunteers and you give them what you think the books are worth.  Its interesting to watch the social pressure -- I've seen people pay over cover price for 10 year old books :-)