Goodbye to an old friend...Hello to a new one

Started by peternap, June 25, 2011, 05:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Since my left hand is getting to the useless point, I had to make some harsh decisions.
One is in my defensive handguns. I simply can't reliably work the slide with my left so clearing jams or even loading my 1911's, is a time consuming chore.
That's unacceptable in a defensive gun.

I don't shoot small calibers...BIG GUNS SAVE LIVES.

One gun I can't shoot accurately at all now is my Magnum Research BFR. It's just too heavy for a hand and a half.
I sold it, reluctantly but I still have my 29 and a host of other 44's and 45's.

Well....today,I ran across a S&W 325. This is an N size frame in Scandum and a titanium cylinder...The Airlite...In 45ACP.
It is more of a joy to carry than my Taurus 444 ultra lite, has a 2 3/4" barrel and I can hold it steady with one hand and shoot 4" groups at 25 yards.

Recoil is severe but manageable.

I believe I've got my new Burb gun. ;D

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

I have to admit it's a nice little gun Don.
Generally with Smiths, the first thing after the first shooting, is to tear them down, replace all the springs and do a trigger job.

I can't find a thing to do to this one. Lockup is perfect, light crisp single action and double action...although a little long, is butter smooth with a clean drop off.

I have a mold that I enlarged the Meplat on and I'm going to cast some of them really hard. It'll be interesting to see how it shoots them.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!