Hi all. New guy from Florida.

Started by Walt, November 02, 2013, 04:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt

Hello everyone.
Recently purchased some land in Northwest Florida, planning on building a cabin, most likely under 800 sf, probably sonotube foundation.

This forum looks like an absolute goldmine of precisely the sort of information I'm after.
I've never built a house from the ground up but am generally handy and competent with tools and fabrication. I do intend to ask an awful lot of questions to hopefully avoid errors during construction.

Anyway, hello   8)

Tickhill

You came to the right spot, welcome! I lived in Pensacola for 6 years when I was alot younger.
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

DaveOrr

Welcome aboard Walt!!!!   w*
I haven't built a house yet either but I got my land and plan to start in the spring.
This forum is a treasure trove of great info so you have come to the right place.   :)

Dave's Arctic Cabin: www.anglersparadise.ca

Squirl

w*

Happy to help with whatever questions you have.

A quick pointer, by recollection from helping many members over the years, Florida has some pretty strict building codes.  I don't believe sonotube foundations are usually allowed.  You may want to double check on that.

://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/st/fl/st/b400v10/st_fl_st_b400v10_4_sec003.htm

hpinson

Don_P

astidham

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford