RES Check & The 1 & 1/2 Story

Started by dunover, January 28, 2015, 10:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunover

Hi

Our country requires us to submit a RES check in order to get the permit. Of course this program make no sense, we have spent hours trying to figure it out

I am at a lose as to why it will not get compliant.  Also am not sure if we did the crawl space correctly.  If any who understand this program can give m some tips would be most grateful!!!

MountainDon

email the saved file to me and I'll look. I've used it but not for a few years

don.cpforum@gmail.com
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

dunover

John Raabe

If this is required you likely have a person who will do the energy check for you (maybe for free). Basic process: Once you get the areas of the walls, windows, etc input then you can play with different types of insulation, window glazing and such.

Many areas also have a prescriptive option (such as R-21 walls, windows under a certain u-value) that is easier to understand.

here is the "quick guide"  8)
https://www.energycodes.gov/sites/default/files/documents/BECP_REScheck%20Plan%20Review%20Quick%20Reference%20Guide_v00.pdf
None of us are as smart as all of us.

dunover

Thanks for the information

"play" is not the work I would use. There are no instructions nothing to "guide" someone  to Fix the problems. I would think that this plan would be fairly strait forward. Like mentioned before have spent hours & hours just getting to the above...with no idea on what they want, how to fix etc.  I have googled and googled trying to find help. Very frustrating :)http://countryplans.com/smf/Smileys/default/sadsm.gif

If there are any resources in  "non-govermentese" I would be most grateful!!

Cori

MountainDon

The RESchek help files can be somewhat daunting as they do seem to be aimed at professional users to a high degree.

I made a couple of changes in the file I was sent and got compliance. Now to see if the AHJ accepts the result.

AHJ = authority having jurisdiction.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

mark_bert

Check your Insulation value for walls 2, 3 & 4. You have 0 entered.