Woodland Mills portable sawmill

Started by Windpower, June 04, 2012, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

What are your opinions

$2899 plus $349 shipping

A good friend has some 20"  cherry logs to start with .....

eta

wrong, we measured them tonight -- they are close to 32 inches in diameter -- and there are walnut logs over 36 !!

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/Mov-eGxxwNQ[/embed]
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

OlJarhead

A little less then an LT10 from WoodMizer...but which is this?  I haven't seen the vid yet but it looks like the cheapo harbor freight one,...

OlJarhead

Hmmm....that looks like a Woodmizer actually, but better -- yes I said it -- I like the clamps much better then mine and I like many of the other features....very nice!

Now to figure out how to make some of that work on my LT10.....lol

Windpower

From what I gather it is made in Canada

I thought the very thin slice  from the walnut log was impressive

I liked the safety block that keeps you from hitting the log clamps with the blade too

it has what I thought might be some nice features --- the 'roller sweepers' it seems would keep the mill rolling smoothly and not get a saw dust build up

The other feature I liked was the Kohler engine -- they are bullet proof in my experience

Squirl

It looks like it has all the bells and whistles.  Good engine brand too.

How is the horsepower?

OlJarhead

Quote from: Squirl on June 07, 2012, 08:09:58 AM
It looks like it has all the bells and whistles.  Good engine brand too.

How is the horsepower?

I have the Kohler 7hp motor and it does very well on pine up to 24 inches so I imagine the 9hp model would be just that much sweeter.

Frankly, this looks like a great saw for the money!  Many features make it appear to be one step up from the Woodmizer LT10.

Windpower

I was watching vids on the Hud-Son  saw site and this one came on at the end of the Hud- Son vid as a suggestion -- pretty shrewd

This one makes the Hud-Sons look crude

This one has an un-named 10 Hp motor

The cable hand crank for the blade hight adjustment looks clunky

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/MB1GeBjN2ys[/embed]

CjAl

that hudson does look cheap. you can see it trying to rack side to side when hes pushing it. is it cheaper?

only thing that would make me feel better is a way to lock the height adjustment handle on the woodland mills. looks like after some use it may loosen up enough to move around

Windpower

The Hudson costs more -- a few hundred

It looks to me that the locks for the cut are pretty solid -- dunno

CjAl

mabey i missedthem.

there is a company north of me near nacagdoches, tx that makes them but i have only seen pretty big ones come out of there