New York Rural Hunt/Fish-ing Camps

Started by rayn, April 23, 2005, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayn

I just read a couple post ago about projects using the "Hunting/Fishing Camp" rules on some parts of Rural NY.  I'm using this this avenue for my Little House and thought there might be some good advice out there.

It a bit funny,   the State agency said its fine with them as long as it is an occasional use and no pressurized water and electric hookup,  the local code guy says he is fine with a "3 Season Camp" the clerk at the County department wants "hard wired smoke detectors" - don't know how I could do that without an electric hookup!

Luckily that was just the clerk,  now I'm going to talk to the building inspector and what he will allow.
Any suggestions on what to ask about (or avoid) on his take on Building Codes and how they apply to recreational camps?

Thanks

John Raabe

Interesting set of replies to your questions. Looks like the various agencies haven't quite worked this out.

Hard wired smoke detectors are a common code requirement. That this conflicts with the hunting camp requirement is just another of the wonders of modern government.

When there is confusion in the bureaucracy it is good to at least be clear about what you want to do...
None of us are as smart as all of us.